1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Life of Mother,
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, voters elect Congress. Supreme Court.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
All the above Trying to balance power and with self-direction and determination.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
Presidential Key Executive MBA, Pepperdine University. B.S., Linfield College, A.S., Apprenticeship Trades, Lane Community College - Oregon Journeyman Millwright Certification, Licensed journeyman Electrician with Supervisors License, Welding Certifications in MIG & TIG. Sergeant, U.S. Army 101st Airborne Division - Assault Helicopter Company, Comanchero, Vietnam Service 1970 - 1971 Honorable discharge, Active in Charitable,church and Boy Scout activities including duties as Assistant Scoutmaster, Currently 4th Degree Knight of Columbus, Form Grand Knight Junction City School Board Budget Committee member. United States Candidate for Oregon's 5th Congressional District.
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
Knights of Columbus, Boy Scouts of America, Queen of Peace Church. Salem Tennis and Swim club. Marion County Republican Party. Delegate to the 2012 Republican Convention, Tampa Florida. Gathering of Eagles. Life time member or the Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association. Junction City Budget Comettee.Oregon Electrical Apprenticeship council. Queen of Peace School parent advisory council.
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements (groups or individuals) of your current candidacy.
U.S. Congressman Greg Walden, Oregon 2nd CD and Retired U.S. Congressman Denny Smith, Oregon 5th CD