1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. Because evolution is widely accepted, students should not be taught about intelligent design.
4. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
5. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
6. States should require voters to show photo identification and prove citizenship in order to register to vote or to cast a vote.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Only in event of threat to the life of the mother
13. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The United States Constitution was constructed by several very intelligent men who were inspired by ideas for reform which were popular at the time. I believe the tyranny and arbitrary nature of governing under the English system inspired these men to use God's laws to write a document which is still as appropriate today as it was 200 years ago.
14. List your six (6) most important political endorsements.
None at present
15. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Constitution Voters Supreme Court Congress Industry Academia Media
16. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
Graduate University of Denver. Attended Creighton University and American Academy of Dramatic Arts. Self employed as a cattle rancher in Cherry County, NE. I have served 5 years as president of Hyannis Area Schools, 7 years as treasurer of that board, and approximately 20 years on small Class I Boards. I am serving on the Cattlemen's Beef Board. I am the treasurer and was a founding member of Independent Cattlemen of Nebraska. I am a member of All Saints Catholic Church in Hyannis I served six years on the Sandhills Fire Protection Board. I served two terms on the Nebraska Arts Council. I served as president and was a founder of the Northwest Nebraska Arts Consortium. I served two years on the Nebraska Community Foundation.
17. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer.
I have contributed to campaigns when I know the candidate personally or believe strongly that they are the best candidate. I have been a contributor to the Republican National Committee