1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and is the key to national prosperity.
2. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
3. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
4. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
5. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
6. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
7. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. U.S. disarmament entailed in President Obama’s defense budget cuts will endanger our national security.
10. Pure democracy is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
11. Who has the primary responsibility to be sure children are properly educated?
12. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Abortion should be decided between the woman, her caregiver and her spiritual adviser, if any. Government should play no role in an abortion decision.
13. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Their experience with European monarchs.
15. Please list your educational, military and vocational history, and any church and civic leadership positions held, and political positions held or sought.
B.S. Business Management; University of Idaho 1978. U.S. Army Officer, Major, Armor & Aviation (Attack Helicopter Weapons Test Pilot) Almost 10 years active duty; several years of reserve duty. Computer Programming Analyst/Developer in various roles over ~22 years. Twice elected to 4-year terms on Caldwell City Council (non-partisan races). Session member (elder) at Boone Memorial Presbyterian Church.
16. What charitable, educational, religious, or political organizations have you been affiliated with as a member, contributor, or volunteer?
Church and City Council noted in #15. Chair of the Libertarian Party of Idaho for the past 4 years. Deputy Commander for Cadets in our local Civil Air Patrol Squadron. Data Systems Manager for the Idaho Womens Fitness Celebration; one of the largest all-womens athletic events in the world. High school band booster parent volunteer for 12 years.
17. Please list the six (6) most important endorsements you have received from groups or individuals.
Governor Gary Johnson, Libertarian Presidential Candidate Judge Jim Gray, Libertarian Vice-Presidential Candidate LibertyCandidates.com