1. E-mail address for voters to reach you (for publication)
2. Phone number for voters to reach you (for publication)
3. If you are currently a judge, were you appointed or elected to that position?
4. There are times when American judges should alter U.S. case law in order to comply with foreign case law.
5. Which current Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court best reflects your judicial philosophy?
6. Which of the following U.S. presidents best reflects your political philosophy?
7. In which partisan primary election did you most recently vote (e.g. Democratic, Republican, etc.)?
8. If you have ever been a licensed attorney, what is or was the nature of your practice? (e.g., prosecutor, public defender, private practice, etc.) If in private practice, please specify the general area of practice such as criminal defense, family, contracts, property, environmental, etc.
Before becoming a judge, I was in private practice for over 27 years as a commercial trial lawyer.
9. The U.S. Constitution is a living document that should be re-interpreted rather than adhering to the original intent.
10. Our state Constitution permits the display of the Ten Commandments in courtrooms.
11. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers in the Constitution?
The separation of powers is the corner stone of our nation's government and must be carefully protected. Our Founding Fathers were brilliant and they recognized that no one branch of government should have more power than the other branches as it could lead to an abuse of such powers. "Checks and balances" and strict adherence to the Constitution are the ways that our nation protects against efforts by certain people to take, abuse and misuse the authority entrusted to them.
12. The more people live by Judeo-Christian values, the less government is needed.
13. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
My belief system is rooted in a strong faith in God and a love of family. I was raised by two loving parents who instilled in me a deep faith and a knowledge that family, integrity, honesty, hard work, charity and respect must serve as my personal guideposts. As a wife for over 33 years and a mother of two children, I know that my God and my family are my lifelines.