1. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
2. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
3. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
4. There are times when American judges should alter U.S. case law in order to comply with foreign case law.
5. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
6. Congress should repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
7. Governments should define marriage as between one man and one woman; no other definition of marriage should be legalized or supported with public funds.
8. The more people live by Judeo-Christian values, the less government is needed.
9. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry into the country.
10. More restrictive gun control laws are needed to protect public safety.
11. Our state should participate in the nationwide Common Core standards for high-school graduation.
12. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
13. Capital punishment should not be allowed for any reason.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers in the Constitution?
The fallen nature of man and our need for a savior Jesus Christ. I believe these men were inspired in the drafting of such documents and incorporated, as was reasonably possible for a people of all moral persuasions, the values and ideals reflected in the Word of God which allows for and enables a people to flourish and come to the knowledge of that salvation in Jesus Christ. This nation was intended to be a beacon and arbiter of hope for the Gospel and our work otherwise is for naught.
15. Under what circumstances should abortion be allowed?
Under an explicitly defined exception for the health of the mother and at the ultimate decision of the mother and/or father, in the event of incapacitation of the mother.
16. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am an evangelical Roman Catholic, convicted by the Word of God and led by the Holy Spirit to honor the Father as an instrument of hope for those burdened and beset by this world's evil, as I am best able to do given my sinful and fallen nature, which is only redeemed by the sacrifice of my Lord, Jesus Christ.
17. E-mail address for voters to reach you (for publication)