1. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
2. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
3. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
4. There are times when American judges should alter U.S. case law in order to comply with foreign case law.
5. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
6. Congress should repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
7. Governments should define marriage as between one man and one woman; no other definition of marriage should be legalized or supported with public funds.
8. The more people live by Judeo-Christian values, the less government is needed.
9. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry into the country.
10. More restrictive gun control laws are needed to protect public safety.
11. Our state should participate in the nationwide Common Core standards for high-school graduation.
12. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
13. Capital punishment should not be allowed for any reason.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers in the Constitution?
Having lived through decades of despotism by tyrannical British kings who abdicated their duty to defend their subjects ancient rights and liberties and instead violated them, and having fought a protracted and costly war against that government in order to secure the blessings of liberty, the Founders had an astute and dearly purchased appreciation for the proposition that unchecked power concentrated in the hands of a single ruler or small elite group created the real potential for tyranny.
15. Under what circumstances should abortion be allowed?
To save the life of the mother.
16. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I was raised to believe that each person is made in the image and likeness of Almighty God and as such, is entitled to be treated with the dignity and respect reserved for a child of God. I bear witness that Jesus Christ is Lord, Lord of the Universe, and Lord of my life, and I endeavor each day to do His will in all things. Each day I pray for three things: that I be granted the wisdom to discern the path which He has prepared for me to walk in, that I be granted the courage to walk in that path no matter how difficult, demanding or dangerous, and that I be granted the fortitude to persevere in the face of adversity, setback, and criticism, both just and unjust. I also pray that Almighty God have mercy on all whom bear me evil will and would me harm, and their faults and mine together vouchsafe to amend and redress, and that He make us save souls together in Heaven, where we may ever live and love and worship Him forever.
17. E-mail address for voters to reach you (for publication)