1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Abuse of power due to Man's sinful nature. "For what I am doing, I do not understand;for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate." (Romans7:15)
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. ObamaCare-as a practicing physician I know the patient doctor relationship is most important to preserve. This law destroys that relationship and puts the bureaucrat between the patient and her doctor. 2/3.2nd Amendment rights-...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms must not be infringed. Law abiding citizens should not be threatened with loss of their rights because of tragedies involving a broken mental health system. Again, as a physician, I am interested in fixing our broken "mental health" system and will fight to protect our 2nd amendment rights.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Only life of the mother.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God,Constitution, Voters, Congress/Supreme Court (coequal in the Constitution).
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, in order for us to understand who God is and His covenant with His chosen people, the Jews. He sent His Son, Jesus as outlined by the prophets who died as propitiation for our sins and to reconcile a Holy God with sinful man. The covenant was then extended to the Gentiles as God "desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." (1Timothy 2:4) "...but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves;....Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God, a thing to be grasped." (Philippians 2:3-6)