1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The executive, judicial and legislative powers should all be distinct, as in the separation of powers. I believe it was the intent of our Founding Fathers to insure this so that each would not overstep their boundaries and try to control the other, and thereby result in a dictatorship similar to what they were trying to break free from in England. However, this is not the case today where all three powers and even our president appear to be controlled
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Agenda 21 - This UN directive passed 30+ years ago involving "Sustainable Development and Population Control" must be banned in all states Drone targeting - The CIA is abusing National Security Letters and targeting innocent Americans on American soil. These are crimes against humanity that must be stopped Surveillance - The surveillance of everyone using cell phones is a blatant violation of everyone's right to privacy under the 4th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
The right to life should be protected always, and the only exception should be if a woman's life was in danger due to a serious accident and taking the baby's life is the only way to save the mother's. Such cases would, I think, be extremely rare
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Supreme Court, Congress, voters
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a strong Christian and I believe in living my life to please God instead of myself. Most of God's will is written in the Bible, and so I try to follow it. In my opinion, Christianity is not a religion, it is a lifestyle choice. I think everyone in America has the right to live their life according to their own belief system, as long as they are following our laws and not harming anyone else. Jesus gave us the two greatest commandments: to love God and love our neighbor as ourself. I think these should be posted on our halls of justice along with the Ten Commandments to remind us all of The Golden Rule.