1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
- Legislature Branch - Executive Branch - Judicial Branch To ensure a balance of power because absolute power corrupts absolutely.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
- National Debt: This is just unbelievable, our national debt is now positioned to far surpass $18,000,000,000,000.00 trillion dollars and resulting in the taxpayers being forced to pay around $250,000,000,000.00 to immediately cover the interest on this colossal debt for just a one year period, and it's only going to increase if we don't take actions to balance our national budget. - Obama Care: In my business classes when chatting about HR: The employee benefit packaging discussion often turns to Obama care. I sometimes thank my predominate young students for being willing to pay much higher healthcare premiums where the bulk of their payments will help to pay for elderly healthcare. The buzz in my class frequently rises to a new level. - The numerous federal regulations, I.e. tariffs, import quotas, embargos, etc... stifle economic growth here in the U.S. and hinders our GDP & GNP growth. Truly, if you are pro free market then you ought to be pro free market on a global sca
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Not to long ago I had an interesting experience: As I was talking to a group of individuals and a woman about 2-3 feet away breaks into our conversations based on economics and asked in a stern and crystal clear voice "What's your stance on abortion". Now, I realized from her tone and body language that she must be "Pro Choice". I said to her "Yes, I am "Pro Life" but as a Libertarian I don't see where government belongs dictating to us on who's more right. As Jim McDermott, I believe that this is a moral choice and that there ought to be much more education on the topic for women & men on the long term psychological affects. Still, locking up men & women who disagree with my take on the topic just seems absurd to me.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
In my life I put God, family, and country and I guess that comes as a result of my 22 years in the United States Air Force.
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Personal, I don't like you or anyone else judging my relationship with God. Please respect this Alaskan's right to a very private Christian belief system.