1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. Election of judges by the people for a definite term of office is the best way to select judges.
3. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
4. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
5. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
6. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
10. There should be a strict constitutional spending limit for state and local governments that would tie the rate of spending to the rate of population growth plus the rate of inflation.
11. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
12. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
13. Where minor children are involved, divorce laws should be reformed to include mutual consent of both parents and an increased waiting period, unless there is fault or abuse.
14. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
15. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
16. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
17. Our state should participate in the nationwide Common Core standards for high-school graduation.
18. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
So that the Federal government would not establish a specific religion, but to allow individuals the right to practice the religion of their choice. The Federal government holds only the power authorized in the constitution, all other authority is left to the states and individuals.
19. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Voters, Constitution, Congress, Supreme Court, Media, Industry (interstate commerce)
20. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Rape or incest may be reasons to consider abortion with careful consultation with medical Dr.and/or psychologist and/or clergy. If I could put myself in the shoes of a young lady, "girl" who was raped by her father, or a stranger...I am not sure what I would do. I am likewise sure there are situations like this. God would have to know the heart and the situation. The Supreme Court had no business ruling on Roe vs Wade in the first place. This is an issue that is to be left to the States, just like defining marriage.
21. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I was raised Baptist after finding a church near our home. My sister and I attended Bible School on our own. My parents began to attend as well. I gave my life to Christ at age 15.