1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Man's sinful nature and tendency toward greed and a lust for power. By having checks and balances and strictly prescribed limits, these tendencies were ameliorated by balancing seperate powers against each other.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
End the FED, because it creates money out of thin air to fund our government and enslave our children in debt. This also allows a bigger and stronger government which in many ways assaults our liberties and prosperity than could pcssibly happen if pay-as-you-go by way of taxation were the case. Eliminate the income tax- this is invasive of privacy, and increases the ability the federal government the power to destroy us. Abide by the constitution. Most of what the federal government does is outside the bounds of the US Constitution. This excess of government is a threat to our liberty and prosperity.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
no Only exception I would allow is life of the mother. I know of one woman who had an ectopic pregnancy and almost certainly would have died if the pregnancy had not been terminated, An ectopic pregnancy, or eccysis, is a complication of pregnancy in which the embryo implants outside the uterine cavity. With rare exceptions, ectopic pregnancies are not viable. Furthermore, they are dangerous for the mother, since internal haemorrhage is a life-threatening complication. Most ectopic pregnancies occur in the Fallopian tube, but implantation can also occur in the cervix, ovaries, and abdomen. An ectopic pregnancy is a potential medical emergency, and, if not treated properly, can lead to death. (Wikipedia)
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God constitution, voters, Congress, supreme court, I put voters above the last two because we decide whom our representatives shall be, and by our votes, we lend the others authority over us. Too bad we do not choose more wisely.
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
There is a God, we are all sinners, he gave us free will to do good and/or bad, and regardless of outcome, he wants us to fight the good fight. I tend not to wear my religion on my sleeve as I am repulsed by the many hypocrites who do.