1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. Election of judges by the people for a definite term of office is the best way to select judges.
3. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
4. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
5. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
6. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
10. There should be a strict constitutional spending limit for state and local governments that would tie the rate of spending to the rate of population growth plus the rate of inflation.
11. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
12. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
13. Where minor children are involved, divorce laws should be reformed to include mutual consent of both parents and an increased waiting period, unless there is fault or abuse.
14. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
15. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
16. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
17. Our state should participate in the nationwide Common Core standards for high-school graduation.
18. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Likely greed and desire for power. Perhaps that is why they wanted government OF the people and BY the people? That seems to be forgotten in this day and age of winning based on biggest campaign donations, which may be why it no longer seems to be FOR the people. It also seems like a good reason to require term limits for every public office.
19. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
The laws of Nature and God are what the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution are based upon, according to some historical stories. The only laws that should be made are ones to secure the rights of the people.
20. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
As a Libertarian, I follow the non-aggression principle. I believe that making abortion completely illegal simply pushes it underground. My goal would be to have as few abortions as possible, through education, etc, but taxpayers should NEVER be required to pay for abortions, under any circumstances. Nor should any place that gets taxpayer funding be allowed to perform them. Also, I believe once a child is viable outside the womb, there should be no abortion allowed at that point. If the life of the mother is in danger, perform a delivery to be able to save both lives.
21. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am very spiritual, although I am not affiliated with any particular religion. I have come to the conclusion that I am here to help others, a strong feeling I have that began with animals when I was young. I believe life matters. Love matters. I hope to be live my life as an example of how to be healthy and happy. I will fight for others to have the ability to do the same, in whatever manner suits them, as long as they do not hurt others. I believe that if I live my life with love, regardless of what life brings to me, I can have a positive impact just by being me.