1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The imperfection of mankind caused the founders to create a system of checks and balances so that no individual or branch of government could achieve absolute power and dominate their fellow man.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
This list is not comprehensive, as I am working on a number of different initiatives currently. (1) Abuse of power by the executive branch - whether the IRS targeting scandal, Benghazi cover-up, Operation Fast and Furious, Operation Choke Point, the now overturned HHS mandate, forcing Common Core on states, and many other instances, we need to uphold the Constitution and provide a check and balance on this out of control administration. (2) Defending life - As a father and grandfather, I know there is no more precious gift than life and will continue to advocate for pro-life initiatives in Congress. (3) Regulatory Relief - whether it is agriculture, energy, financial services, health-care, or many other fields, the American people and our economy is under assault from a deluge of rules and regulations. I support initiatives to roll back unnecessary regulations and require congressional approval to move forward with major regulations.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I have co-sponsored and voted for numerous pro-life bills, including those that contain exceptions for the life of the mother, rape, and incest.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, People, Constitution, Congress, Supreme Court
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
As a matter of faith, I hold dear certain principles and values that serve me well as a husband, a father, a grandfather, an elected representative and a Christian. I believe that a government that governs least governs best. I believe in an honest day’s work for an honest day’s pay. I believe in the sanctity of life and marriage, and the importance of family. I believe in the Constitution of the United States. I believe that we are a nation of laws built on Judeo-Christian principles.