1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. Parents should be free to use tax credits, vouchers, or education savings system to enable children to attend any public, charter, private, homeschool, or online academy .
3. More restrictive gun control laws are needed to protect public safety.
4. Except in cases where a judge has determined it would put a minor at risk, parental notification should be required before a minor can receive an abortion.
5. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry into the country.
6. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. Congress should repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
10. There should be a strict constitutional spending limit for state and local governments that would tie the rate of spending to the rate of population growth plus the rate of inflation.
11. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
12. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
13. Where minor children are involved, divorce laws should be reformed to include mutual consent of both parents and an increased waiting period, unless there is fault or abuse.
14. Washington State should not be suing any businesses that prefer not to be part of a same-sex wedding.
15. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
16. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
17. Our state should participate in the nationwide Common Core standards for high-school graduation.
18. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers in the Constitution?
Awareness of the temptation of power and human willingness to deceive each other for power, wealth or revenge. The desire for justice.
19. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Voters, Constitution, Congress, Supreme Court
20. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I am pro-life because my desire is for everyone to have a full life and the opportunity to accept Christ as Savior and enjoy that relationship with God. I am pro-choice because in the real mix of life and fate, mistakes and evil, pregnancies occur that would result in horror to other lives. I believe, in my faith in justice and democracy, it is the pregnant woman's choice as long as she carries that next life to determine the continuation to birth and life. I believe society's role should be creating: (a) such positive support and honor for every mother, (b) such an effective and fully successful foster care and adoption system, and (c) such a commitment to the welfare of all children of all function and ability levels that all pregnant women would feel positive about the honor, the privilege, of child birth and every born child would have ample opportunity to know and grow their gifts and to experience success.
21. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe in God the Creator who expresses in various forms, including Jesus of Nazareth and the Holy Spirit and angels. I believe God loves every element in the creation. As the highest thinking being of creation, humans are to be stewards of God's creation, including each other. God calls for social, economic and criminal justice applied with the compassion and love that God shows each of us. All God has given to us individually in talents and treasures and to us collectively in the creation is a gift graciously given and so to be graciously shared. I believe we are accountable to God and Christ but redeemable in Christ's grace. We ought to be responsive to God's will because God's love has brought us to love God above all else.