1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. Parents should be free to use tax credits, vouchers, or education savings system to enable children to attend any public, charter, private, homeschool, or online academy .
3. More restrictive gun control laws are needed to protect public safety.
4. Except in cases where a judge has determined it would put a minor at risk, parental notification should be required before a minor can receive an abortion.
5. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry into the country.
6. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. Congress should repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
10. There should be a strict constitutional spending limit for state and local governments that would tie the rate of spending to the rate of population growth plus the rate of inflation.
11. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
12. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
13. Where minor children are involved, divorce laws should be reformed to include mutual consent of both parents and an increased waiting period, unless there is fault or abuse.
14. Washington State should not be suing any businesses that prefer not to be part of a same-sex wedding.
15. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
16. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
17. Our state should participate in the nationwide Common Core standards for high-school graduation.
18. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers in the Constitution?
When the Constitution was established it was not a pure democracy because efforts were made to limit voting to perceived responsible people. The Constitution was meant to provide checks and balances from within the government. It was meant to limit the overall powers of the federal government. In modern history the powers meant for the states have been usurped by the federal government, which now seems to be trading unearned entitlements, exemptions from the law, and green cards for votes.
19. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, the Constitution, Voters, Congress, and the Supreme Court.
20. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
As a physician I can say that the caveat of "when the mother's life is endangered" is extremely subjective and extremely rare. I am familiar with the ruling of the Supreme Court and I am also aware that the Supreme Court is not infallible. Specifically, an unborn baby is not simply "a blob of protoplasm", but a living human being. I believe that the key to limiting this ghastly practice would be through biological and moral education for both men and women (boys and girls) so that they would see abortion for what it is and not consider it just another form of birth control.
21. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe that life and the universe are gifts from God and that we are one small speck of a Grand Plan…… That He has provided us the tools of intelligence and human nature that will allow us to either create a wonderful world for ourselves, or screw it up.