1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry into the country.
5. Congress should repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish Common Core as a nationwide academic standard for high school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers in the Constitution?
It is human nature to consolidate power unto oneself and the founders wanted to prevent too much power being in any one place thus the constitution built in checks and balances.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
The public has lost trust in their government with a recent poll showing approval of congress at all time low of 7%. There is no leadership, no honesty, and one scandal after another. I would start by telling the truth no matter what, because the American people have a right to know. I would then get to the bottom of these scandals and hold people accountable. Then I would focus my legislative duties on fixing the VA Health care system, because 1000 deaths is too much and our veterans deserve better. I would even say that congress would have to use the VA system for their healthcare. Next I would work on reducing over-burdensome regulations that kill jobs and hinder non profits from providing aide. Last year alone 76000 pages of regulations was passed by congress driving up the costs of goods and services by 26%. That is too much and a burden on our citizens. I would work to limit the power of governmental agencies like the IRS, EPA, and others that are used to intimidate our citizens
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I believe life begins at conception and all life at all times should be protected. In cases where it endangers the life of the mother could be an extenuating circumstance.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe that this nation was founded upon Judeo-Christian Values which provides the basis for everyone's freedom. We are free so that we can freely give. I am a christian, a licensed pastor, and I believe that it is about loving God with all your heart, strength, and soul; and loving your neighbor as yourself. I believe in hard work, respect for others, keeping your word,and putting others before self. I believe in Mercy, Grace, and forgiveness. I believe in limited government and individual responsibility. I believe in the American Dream. I believe in God, Family, and Country and I believe in Solutions not politics.