1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry into the country.
5. Congress should repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish Common Core as a nationwide academic standard for high school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers in the Constitution?
The founding fathers were well studied in the Holy Scriptures and believed that men have a selfish and sinful nature that cannot be trusted with absolute power. Thomas Jefferson wrote the following: “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
HEALTH CARE: I will work to repeal Obamacare, and leave healthcare decisions to people and to the states. Only free market policies that increase competition and individual choice will achieve greater efficiency and affordability for all Americans. THE ECONOMY: I believe in the free market and free enterprise. Excessive regulation and taxation suppresses the private sector's ability to create wealth. Our economy works best when our citizens are allowed to keep the fruits of their own labor. With lower taxes, businesses have more money to invest and create jobs. RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution guarantees all citizens the right to keep and bear arms. Our founding founders stated in many different ways that an armed citizenry is the best defense against crime and tyranny. I will not support any legislation that seeks to undermine the right to keep and bear arms.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
The Declaration of Independence states that our unalienable rights include "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" and "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men." Therefore, it is the express job of government to protect all innocent human life. Once it begins to sanction murder at any level, then all lives are in jeopardy.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Christian man and I believe in God the Father, the Maker of heaven and earth, and that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The values that I live by and have raised my family with are a reflection of my belief in the principles and precepts as put forward in God's Word, the Holy Bible.