1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
I believe that it is the will to be free that caused the Founders to consider the Constitution as a charter of negative liberties (ones that restrict the government).
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. Veterans: For far too long, soldiers, Marines, sailors, and airmen have been sent into harm's way and upon their honorable return, are forgotten by the government that sent them. This became extremely evident in recent years with backlogs, deaths at VA facilities while waiting for care, and the lack of transparency by the Department of Veteran Affairs. It is my hope to be part of the process to fix this broken system. 2. A Balanced Budget: We are spending money at a pace that is insurmountable, placing a massive burden on future generations of Americans. It is my hope that by eliminating redundant departments, removing outdated programs, and pushing for each issue to be voted one at a time, we can curtail the amount of money spent and return our nation to being fiscally responsible. 3. A Government for the People: We need to have accountability and transparency from our elected officials. I have a plan that returns a sense of a government for the people.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Yes. Rape, Incest, and medical emergencies.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Voters (the people), Constitution, Congress/Supreme Court (equal but separate).
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (commonly known as Mormon). This has a huge impact on how I live my life. I try my hardest to live in a way that will deem me worthy to one day walk with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.