1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
(Did not answer)
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
I believe Madison wrote, "if men were angels, government would not be necessary." Our Constitution preserves liberty of the people. This is why the founders built a system with checks and balances so no power could usurp the our liberties. They established a representative and republican form of government and not a pure democracy as implied in your Q 12. We have a democracy which is wonderful. A "pure" democracy implies people vote on every measure directly, which is not the case.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Creating Jobs is vitally needed in southern New Mexico. Families are hurting and are willing to work hard. But government needs to get out of the way. Including less reckless bureaucratic redtape and less spending. Caring for our Veterans. They have done so much to protect our country, and our promise to take care of them must be met. The scandals this year underscore how perilous their health care has been and it is finally getting some needed reforms. Immigration reform and border control. We must treat people with respect, enforce our laws, secure our border. We also need a system that treats those who want to enter our country lawfully in a timely and fair way.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I am pro-life and oppose abortion.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.