1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
I think America's Founders sought to make our Constitution fair setting out rules that guide us to this day.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. Stop Campaign Spending - We spend an enormous amount of money during every election cycle. We need to focus on the issues not candidate fund raising. I support strict campaign finance reform and to get money out of politics. 2. Support A Bipartisan Congress - Approval rating for Congress are at a all-time low. Democrats and Republicans need to work together to make effective decisions that will benefit all Americans. As an independent I will work to bridge the gap between both parties. 3. Education - Education reform is very important for the future of our country. We need to fund programs that will support our children from pre-school to college and beyond.
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Yes - especially if a mother's life is in jeopardy during the pregnancy. I am a pro-choice candidate but believe that abortion is not a form of birth control. Abortion is a very difficult decision but I believe adoption should always be considered first.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Academia, Voters, Supreme Court, Congress
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe in family time and spending it with loved ones.