1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The Founders secured our rights by establishing three branches of government, as the government itself is an entity from which the citizens need protecting. In the vein of checking government power, I want to enact term limits on those serving so that we can stop sending politicians that think they are above the law to Congress and replace them with ordinary people who have served their communities and want to go to Washington to secure every citizen's natural rights and make a difference.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. Balance the Budget and Cut Reckless Spending- Washington is spending too much. Now more than ever, we need a Balanced Budget Amendment that will force Washington to tighten its belt and reign in wasteful spending. We can't afford to pass trillions in debt to our children and grandchildren. 2. Repeal Obamacare- Washington Democrats believe government is the answer to our nation's problems. We need to repeal Obamacare and push for market driven reforms rather than more big government solutions. 3. Enact Term Limits- The only way to stop the influence of the special interest groups, ruling elite, and the career politicians is to once and for all enact term limits on Members of Congress. We need to limit the time one person can serve in the United States Congress to four consecutive two year terms.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Only to save the life of the mother.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Family, Freedom are the tenants I live by.
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I strive to trust in the Lord and His word and live my life according to the principles He set out in the Bible and look to the Apostles Creed. I believe in God the Father, Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth and in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell, The third day he rose again from the dead, He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty, From thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead, I believe in the Holy Ghost. I believe in the holy catholic church: the communion of saints, The forgiveness of sins, The resurrection of the body And the life everlasting. Amen.