1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The heavy hand of Great Britain's government was restricting commerce thru taxes, so the founders designed a new system of government that would allow its citizens to pursue their interest with little government interference.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1 - healthcare: The Affordable Care Act may have been developed with good intent, however, the unintended consequences of it's hasty design and implementation have hurt the economy by tying up the discretionary income of individuals and businesses. It is important that we put healthcare back into the free market with reforms that can address the issues that the ACA attempted to address. 2 - immigration: Current immigration laws have served well when enforced. We naturalize more individuals seeking citizenship than the rest of the world combined. Protecting the border from illegal immigrants would assure a sense of security for all American citizens. 3 - constitutional law: The constitution was designed to protect the people by restricting the power of the presidency. Our president shows total disregard for our constitution in trying to make adjustments to laws without the authority to do so.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I have heard the stories of some great people who were the product of rape. What if their mother had decided to have an abortion? The only circumstance I could support is if the mother's life was in danger.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
The Bible is the inerrant word of God, designed to guide man through life's challenges.