1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
What they called "the darker motives of man" caused America's Founders to carefully define, separate and limit powers within the Constitution.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
The Economy/Jobs - Our economy is not recovering, and our representatives are more concerned with fundraising and re-election than they are in making tough choices to get things going again. Healthcare - The Affordable Care Act is unaffordable and unsustainable. We have a healthcare cost problem, not an insurance problem. The healthcare industry needs competition, not programs that prop up their inflated costs. Foreign Policy/Defense/Terrorism - America can no longer carry on the self-imposed burden of being the worldwide police. We must return to our traditional policy of active private engagement, without government intervention. Arming, funding and training other nations has weakened America and put future generations into debt.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
The only extenuating circumstances where abortion should be allowed are in the instance of rape or to save the life of the mother.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, the highest source of authority in government would be the Constitution, Congress then the Supreme Court. The authority is given by God, then by the people (Voters).
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Christian.