1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. I believe that ObamaCare must be stopped and have voted more than 45 times to repeal, defund, and dismantle it. During the government shutdown, I voted to fully defund ObamaCare in the House’s continuing resolution. I will continue to stand and fight to fully repeal ObamaCare and replace it with responsible, meaningful reforms that actually lower costs and provide superior health care. 2. With a national debt of over $17 trillion, and an additional $60 trillion in unfunded obligations, it is past time for the United States to balance its budget. Out of control spending is a serious threat to the American economy. Washington owes the American people a responsible and balanced budget, which is why I voted for a constitutional balanced budget amendment last Congress. 3. Energy plays a key role in the Texas economy and creates jobs in the 32nd Congressional District. Our energy economy should be based on incentives and new infrastructures, not on higher taxes and more regulation.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I would vote to allow exceptions for rape, incest and life of the mother.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe in God and that he sacrificed his only son to save the souls of man. In all that we do on Earth we must strive to ensure it is for the glory of God; yet I recognize I am imperfect and am a sinner. My daily goal is to live my life more in harmony with the teachings of our Lord and His word.