1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1) Dramatically reduce the size and scope of government. The only legitimate purpose of government is to protect the rights of the individual. Step out of the way of the entreprenuer and watch the economic engine of the United States work to restore our economy and make everyone more prosperous. Phase out entitlements and let private charities handle most issues of charity and welfare. 2) Restore the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 8th amendment rights of every American. Restore the rule of law, require the government to operate within the confines of the Constitution. Allow American citizens to spend their own money, own their own property, raise their own children, practice their own religion, be secure in their persons, be free from government harassment and regulation, own and carry deadly weapons for protection. 3) Protect the country and maintain readiness but do so in a manner that is Constitutional.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I am largely pro-life. But I believe there are certain instances where abortion should be permitted; in cases where the life of the mother is in danger, rape or incest, and very early term are some examples.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
People (Voters), Constitution, People (Voters), Congress, People (Voters), Supreme Court. (Consent of the governed)
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe in the non-aggression principle, which states that initiation of force or fraud is not permitted. But self-defense and the defense of private property rights are not initiation of force and are functions of government. I am officially a Catholic by religion. I believe in being a moral and honest person. I believe that in the realm of government, the only purpose of it is to protect the individual rights of the people. This includes protecting the people from invasion, crime, and defending the private property rights of those individuals. I believe that government only exists with the Consent of the Governed. Once a government has ceased to be accountable to the people, then the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.