1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Veterans Affairs: We should take steps to allow Veterans to see their local doctor and not travel to the VA. This should apply to all Veterans that are currently in the VA system not just the ones that have been on waiting list. Government intrusion in our personal life: We need to change course and stop the surveillance of our citizens. We need to ensure that all people are treated fairly and have lawyers present especially if you are being detained by any Government official. Accountability: I believe our representatives have stopped voting for the people and now vote for the special interests that support them. I believe its time for the people to have a voice in Congress.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Abortion should be legal, discouraged, and not paid for by the government. This is a medical procedure in which the government should NOT be involved.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Religion and spiritual beliefs have no place in government. That being said, my values are based on the Non-Aggression Principle of the Libertarian Philosophy. 1. The government should be very small as should taxes. 2. If there is no victim, there is no crime. 3. Punishment should be used to make the victim whole, not punitively against the aggressor.