1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1) Reducing the deficit and balancing the budget Our current rate of spending is simply unsustainable and leaving this growing burden for our children and grandchildren is irresponsible. We can’t keep cutting deals that ultimately add to the nation’s debt, while promising to make cuts sometime in the future. It’s time for the federal government to be more accountable with your money. It’s time for a balanced budget amendment. 2) Repeal ObamaCare I don’t want to move toward a government operated single payer system and that is what ObamaCare does over time.It destroys the private insurance market. The reforms I support take the power away from bureaucrats in Washington and put it back in the people’s hands. 3) Strengthen Privacy Rights The government should not target everyone and violate your 4th Amendment rights just because of a handful of threats. The facts simply don’t justify the mass collection of telephone numbers, call durations, and email and text messages of our citi
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
No, except to protect the life of the mother.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Constitution Voters Congress Supreme Court The others do not apply.
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Methodist...Judeo Christian work ethic.