1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
(1) Debt Control - Balance the budget at much lower levels of taxation and spending. Massive debt will destroy our currency and wealth. (2) Tax Reform - Replace the 10,000-page IRS code with a simple flat rate. The current system is too complicated, expensive and unfair. (3) Deregulation - Get bureaucrats out of our businesses and out of our private lives. Government exists to serve us, not to control us.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
A late-term abortion should be performed only to save the life of the mother.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
The U.S. Constitution is the highest political and legal authority. It prescribes specific, limited powers to Congress, the President and the Supreme Court. Other entities have whatever moral authority that free individuals choose to give them.
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe in the importance of human life and individual freedom, and respect the equal rights of others whose beliefs and values may differ from mine.