1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. Reduce America's love of military force. Reduce all areas of the military. Eliminate weapons of mass destruction and close all military bases on foreign soil. Do away with military power as a factor in foreign policy. 2. Climate change and destruction of man's inability to continue to exist on this planet. Science tells us that we are past the point of damaging our air, land and water. Human kind must learn to live in a sustainable way with our planet. Nothing else matters. 3. Term limitations for all elected offices and changing our election process to eliminate private money and influence from the political process. Allow all legitimate candidates equal access to debates and media coverage.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Abortion should be allowed up until 90 days of conception, for any reason. I fully support a woman's right to control her own reproductive system under most any circumstances.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
The Constitution is the only authority In this list. It outlines the responsibilities of the Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches and how the voting public elects and is represented by each.
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Treat everyone with respect and understanding. Strive to understand those who hold different beliefs and respect their right to have them.