1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Repeal ObamaCare. Cut spending - that includes balance the budget and pay down the debt. Hold President Obama accountable for his utter defiance of the U.S. Constitution. I have voted multiple times to repeal or delay ObamaCare. This terrible law is not what Americans asked for – it's the biggest bait and switch in history. With over $500 billion in tax hikes, the creation of more than 150 new federal bureaucracies, the botched roll-out and sucker-punch sticker-shock for the middle class, it’s no wonder Americans are fed up with every aspect of ObamaCare.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
As a strong supporter of life, I believe every baby is precious in the eyes of God. I support an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that says only in the case when the life of the mother is at risk should this be an option.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Voters, Constitution, Congress, Supreme Court
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Born and raised in Texas, my mom made me go to church every Sunday. I thought I knew the Lord. My time in captivity in Vietnam changed that - for good. It wasn't until I stood helpless before a firing squad of AK-47s pointed right at me when I prayed to God asking for His protection to keep me alive and to get me back home to my wife and kids. A captor yelled, "FIRE!" The guns sounded click, click, click, click, click. After that I knew the Lord was with me. Even in my darkest days, I still felt His comfort, love and peace. I feel deeply grateful to be a precious child of God and for my personal relationship with Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior. I also believe we are one nation UNDER GOD. I know our country would be better off if others did too.