1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
The border must be secured to ensure criminals; terrorist; and drug cartels are not allowed to cross into our country. But we must overhaul our immigration laws. The debt is needs to be reined in so our economy can grow. With this our Tax codes need to have a complete re-write. Houston needs a comprehensive mass transit plan that includes light rail, commuter rail, and regional rail.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I have taken an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution. Prior to 1972 Democratic legislators had outlawed abortion, Democratic Governors enforced the law and Democratic District Attorney’s prosecuted violations of the law. The U.S. Supreme Court overturned those laws as violating a women’s Constitutional rights under the 9th and 14th amendments. A women’s right to this medical procedure is protected. Her decision to have an abortion is between her conscious, her doctor and her God, not the government.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
Constitution Voters Congress Executive Supreme Court
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
No Answer a persons faith and spirituality is a private and personal act not a role of Government.