1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Regarding Question #12: Our Founding Fathers established a REPUBLIC, NOT a democracy. 1. - Balancing the Budget, spending within our means and within the limitations of our Constitution. This is absolutely essential to bring this ship back towards the freedom and long-term liberty, with responsibility, that our Founding Fathers envisioned. Limited government. 2. - Strong Military: Our military has dwindled to dangerously low numbers. This needs immediate attention and our Veterans should be looked out for and respected and never used as pawns in political games (i.e. gov't shutdown) 3. - Energy Independence: Open up drilling everywhere. Let's harvest all of our natural resources with full regard to free-market principles and without unnecessary government interference. 4. - Agricultural Independence: look our for our Farmers & Ranchers, and remove the food stamp program from the farm bill and let it stand or fall on it's own merits.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
No. Under no circumstances.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
1. God, 2. Voters, 3. Constitution, 4. State Governments, 5. Congress - U.S. House of Representatives, 6. President, 7. Congress - U.S. Senate, 8. Supreme Court.
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
God sent His own begotten Son to pay the price (His Blood) of my redemption and forgiveness & remission of my (and our)sins, while restoring me in right relationship with God, The Father, just like Adam in the Garden BEFORE he sinned. God has always wanted to fellowship with us and to walk and talk with us daily, but it's on His terms, not ours. I have a deep appreciation for repentance, forgiveness and second chances, and I have developed a healthy respect for consequences and a lifestyle of repentance and forgiveness. I enjoy communicative fellowship with God daily.