1. Election of judges by the people for a definite term of office is the best way to select judges.
2. The U.S. Constitution is a living document and should be interpreted according to the circumstances of each generation.
3. Foreign laws should be used in American courts even where those laws conflict with constitutional rights.
4. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
5. Which current Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court best reflects your judicial philosophy?
6. Which U.S. president elected to that office in 1960 or thereafter best reflects your political philosophy?
George H. W. Bush
7. Which U.S. Supreme Court decision do you think has most impacted society? Please explain your answer.
Marbury v. Madison, established judicial review.
8. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
This is a State election. This question is more relevant to those running for Federal office.
9. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Again this is a US Federal question rather than a State question.
10. Please give an example of a judicial decision where strict constructionist policy was violated. Explain.
Arguably any opinion in which Scalia dissents.
11. What is the proper use of legislative history in interpreting statutory law?
Every effort should be made to interpret based on legislative intent within the strictures of Constitutional protection.
12. What specific text in the Declaration of Independence provides the critical basis for individual rights and the form of government guaranteed in the United States Constitution?
The guarantee of representative Govt.
13. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe in a loving and forgiving creator.