1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. Election of judges by the people for a definite term of office is the best way to select judges.
3. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
4. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
5. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
6. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
10. There should be a strict constitutional spending limit for state and local governments that would tie the rate of spending to the rate of population growth plus the rate of inflation.
11. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
12. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
13. Where minor children are involved, divorce laws should be reformed to include mutual consent of both parents and an increased waiting period, unless there is fault or abuse.
14. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
15. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
16. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Our Founders lived in a time when most people had come to this country because of most commonly, religious persecution, and secondarily, extreme poverty. I believe they realized that there must be a separation of church and state so that citizens would not have their freedom infringed by any religion or sect. We are all free to worship as we choose and are not persecuted for our beliefs but at the same time, we nor anyone else can force our beliefs on others or persecute them for their beliefs
17. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
For US Citizens, order is Constitution, Supreme Court, Voters, Congress. All else is personal, not part of government.
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a practicing Roman Catholic, although I do not believe that the hierarchy of the Church as it exists especially in the United States has a place in lobbying of government, again, because of separation of Church and State. I deeply respect our new Pope, as he has shown himself to live as Christ would like us to live, in humility, in love, in non-judgement, unencumbered by worldly things. On a larger scale, I believe that humans of every religion and sect have found a way to define and describe the Higher Power that exists (for me, that is God in three forms) that creates life, puts order in matter, and sustains us spiritually. While I treasure my religion and my beliefs, I do not believe it is my place to say that mine are the only acceptable religion and beliefs.