1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
It is within mankind's nature to promote its own self interest. The Constitution prevents this natural tendency from creating a tyranny against other members of society.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
I believe that the sanctity of human life has to be our primary guiding principle and the driving force behind all other issues. Without the gift of life, we as a society have nothing. Second, I believe the Second Amendment must be protected at all costs. Protection of the Second Amendment guarantees the remainder of the Bill of Rights. Finally, I believe the Affordable Care Act must be repealed. The ACA is an ill-conceived piece of legislation that could well jeopardize the quality of the best healthcare delivery system in the world, substituting for it a bureaucratic morass.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
As a physician, a man of strong Faith, and a member of the human race, I firmly support the sanctity of human life, in all forms, and therefore do not support abortion. I do believe, however, in confirmed cases of life threatening complications for the mother, abortion of the unborn child may be considered only as a last resort option to save the life of the mother. In theology, this would be an example of an indirect effect.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Congress, Supreme Court, Voters, and Industry.
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am Roman Catholic. I have a strong faith in God and His commandments.