1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. Election of judges by the people for a definite term of office is the best way to select judges.
3. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
4. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
5. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
6. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
10. There should be a strict constitutional spending limit for state and local governments that would tie the rate of spending to the rate of population growth plus the rate of inflation.
11. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
12. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
13. Where minor children are involved, divorce laws should be reformed to include mutual consent of both parents and an increased waiting period, unless there is fault or abuse.
14. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
15. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
16. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
17. Our state should participate in the nationwide Common Core standards for high-school graduation.
18. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
It was their revolutionary and rebellious spirit that inspired their uprising against a tyrannical king, and their common belief that no one man should reign over the minds and spirits of free people. They carefully defined and separated limited powers within the Constitution so that each individual, unbridled and finally free, could pursue the fruits of liberty and seek their Creator without fear of persecution.
19. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God; Voters; Constitution; Legislative, Judicial, and Executive Branches (Separate but Equal Powers); Academia
20. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Those circumstances should be between a woman and her Creator. As for me, I find abortion abhorrent and something to be avoided at all costs. I believe that to make abortion entirely illegal would not put an end to the abortion of babies who did not choose the circumstances of their conception. Furthermore, it is my fear that making abortion entirely illegal would drive women, who still consider this terrible option, underground and away from counselors and clergy members who could advise them to make a better choice. I am not so naive as to think the issue of abortion has a "yes" or "no" answer. As a woman, I empathize with both the mothers and the babies trapped in such circumstances. We cannot be so quick to judge, and when dealing with these Spiritual matters it is best to let God's love win and leave our judgment at the door.
21. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Red Letter Christian, and aspire to the character of Jesus Christ. In seeking this office I am reminded of this verse: "The greatest among you shall be your servant." - Mathew 23:11(ESV)