1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers in the Constitution?
The propensity of human nature to become corrupted by power led the founding fathers to establish a governmental system wherein the powers of government are both limited and checked by the several branches of its system.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1.) Establishing a tax code that is simple and conducive to the economic of the country is of vital importance. Without simplification of our tax code coupled with the reducing of tax rates, the growth potential of our economy, and within that total employment and real wage growth, will be capped at less than what it should be. 2.)Entitlement reform is a critical issue. If we do not curb the rapid growth of Social Security and Medicare in particular, the long term debt burden placed on this country will put the United States in jeopardy of economic collapse. 3.)Auditing the Federal Reserve Bank. The Federal Reserve essentially functions as a fourth branch of government, with exclusive control over monetary policy, yet is subject to little of the oversight, checks and balances to which the constitutionally authorized branches of our government are subject to. This would allow the American people to scrutinize the operations of the Federal Reserve for the first time in history.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Legally, abortion should be allowed in cases of rape and extreme cases of incest.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, voters, Congress, Supreme Court.
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe that love is the fulfillment of the law, and that in His sacrifice on the cross Jesus Christ reconciled and joined all men together in one Spirit to which we have access to our Heavenly Father.