1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers in the Constitution?
To fight oppression by Government. Our Founders experienced the rule under a King, and fought that system in order to be free men. Our Founders did not want a "strong" government that would limit human life, potential and freedom.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1) Promote family values so that our nation's children can prosper in good strong communities. 2) Decrease Government Spending: We must live within our means - we must cut waste, fraud and abuse. 3) Military Veterans: They have the highest unemployment rate in America, and many are dealing with mental and physical challenges that are back-logged in the VA hospitals for claim centers. We must cut the red-tape!
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I am 100% Right to Life. Even taking a child's life when the mother's life is in danger concerns me. While I understand rape, incest and life a mother are generally accepted reasons for an abortion, by my fellow pro-life friends, I will never be comfortable knowing that a life is being taken in any of these circumstances. That said, I would not vote specifically for legislation that would outlaw abortions in the case of abortion, incest or rape, yet I would strongly encourage adoption in those first two cases, and at the 100% expense of the government.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Constitution Voters Media (freedom of the press) Congress Supreme Court Industry Academia Professional Sports Professional Sports
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Christian, and I a sinner. I look towards God for guidance, comfort, healing and hope.