1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers in the Constitution?
Self-interest and desire for power.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. I am concerned that America is losing our moral compass. The Patriot Act authorizes torture and can be used to suspend habeas corpus. This creates an America I do not recognize. I support repeal of the Patriot Act. 2. I am outraged that the NSA has destroyed any notion of privacy in America. We must secure our country without violating the Constitution. 3. The two major parties and the divisiveness surrounding their incessant warring has stifled democracy and intellectually honest debate on the real issues. This together with the disproportionate influence of money and lobbyists on American policy has disadvantaged the American public and threatens our ability to enjoy the blessings of liberty which is our birthright! I support an amendment to undo the Citizen's United decision.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Voters, Constitution, Congress, Supreme Court, Media.
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Spiritual, not religious.