1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers in the Constitution?
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutly.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
A political issue of concern is the moving away from a Republic to a nation of socialists. Reigning in the size of government by exercising powers enumerated in the Constitution is a good beginning. We have or are close to eliminating the work ethic that our country was based upon and moving into a country of government "dependents", allowing a totalitarian state to emerge. Oversight responsibility by Congress is abysmally being ignored. Our Statesmen as representatives of the people have metamorphasized into 'politicians' seeking to feather their own nests and preserve their elected positions. By shrinking government, eliminating the welfare state and following the constitution, and not overstepping our duties, we may be able to save our Republic.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
The easy and moral answer is no. As a practicing Catholic it is a human, and I would not support abortions. However, should a mother make the decision to live if told that an abortion would save her life, I will not condemn the mother, and will pray for both the child and the mother who will have made that decision. And, it is a decision, not a choice.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court.
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
My values spring from my spiritual beliefs. My spiritual beliefs begin with the concept that there is a God, a maker of Heaven and Earth. That Jesus Christ came down from heaven in the form of man to show us the way. Faith in a Hereafter guides my values, as I believe that on this earth we perform acts of charity, keep the faith, and live in the hope for an everlasting life in Heaven. We should do unto others as Christians as we would have done to us. My guilding values, principles, and ethics are practiced while I am alone as well as with others. While I do not wear my faith on my chest, I am not ashamed to pray in public prior to mealtime and for the many things in life that the good Lord has provided.