1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry into the country.
5. Congress should repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Economic Stimulation - Each person deserves an opportunity to work, provide for their families, develope their talents. Measures would include investments in education, training, infrastructure; simplified tax codes; moderated regulation. Deficit reduction - This is an economic and moral(creating burdens for future generations)imperative. Mathmatically and politically this requires both spending cuts and revenue increases. Unfortunately, deficit reduction is at odds with economic stimulation. Austerity is not economically stimulating. Tax Reform - This is required for economic stimulation and deficit reduction. Since President George Bush, there have been 4 bipartisan tax reform commissions, each with their proposals. Both parties say they want reforms but nothing happens.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
As public policy, abortion should be permitted in cases of rape, incest, grave threat to the health of the mother, and perhaps some instances pertaining to the viability of the unborn child. Just this week I listened to some moving stories of women who conceived from rape and gave birth and individuals who were conceived by rape. This was on the program Family Talk. I consider myself prolife. But I could not insist that these stories be every woman's story who conceives through the trauma of rape.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
This is an odd question. 1.God, 2.constitution, 3.supreme court, 4.voters, 5.congress, 6.industry, 7.academia, 8.media, 9.professional sports
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Christian because I believe the Biblical story to be true. I accept the biblical writer, Paul's, assertion that what is unseen is as real as what is seen. I believe that Jesus is the crucified, risen, reigning Son of God who will return as He departed. Jesus calls us to follow Him in life and by His grace I seek to live that life of discipleship.