1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry into the country.
5. Congress should repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
I am working to reduce the debt, reform the tax code and replace Obamacare with patient-centered reforms. I have voted to cut wasteful spending and balance the budget, and I am working to make our broken tax code simpler, fairer and more competitive. We must fundamentally reform the corporate tax code to keep jobs here at home and make America more competitive, and we must create a flatter, fairer tax system for individuals so families can keep more of their hard earned money. To fix our broken healthcare system, we must institute market based reforms to increase access to care and lower costs for all without creating a costly, massive government bureaucracy. Opening healthcare markets across state lines to allow purchasing insurance in a competitive, nationwide system and improving and expanding high-risk pools will allow Americans with pre-existing conditions to access coverage.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I believe in the sanctity of all human life.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, the Constitution, the Voters, the Congress, the Supreme Court
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe we are all the children of a loving God, and our freedoms come from Him. As a follower of Christ serving in the House of Representatives, my faith is an integral part of my service. I believe the very founding of our country was guided by divine providence: the founding fathers established a system in which the God-given inalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are to be protected and cherished. The Lord entrusted us with unique blessings as Americans, bestowing upon us a free society where discourse is encouraged, participation is celebrated, and as that great Illinoisan Abe Lincoln said, our government is of, by and for the people. And so, all of us are responsible for the blessings we enjoy as free citizens of the most powerful and prosperous nation on earth. This values system and form of government has incredible power to be a force for good in the world, and we have a responsibility to be a part of achieving that.