1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Since the fall of Adam and Eve, mankind has been plagued by its penchant for selfishness and evil. Our Founding Fathers understood this and created the first system of self-governance that accounted for this flaw while allowing for maximum freedom of action.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
a. We are stealing $4 billion per day from future generations with our deficit spending. This inter-generational theft is the great moral issue of our generation and must be stopped. We need a Balanced Budget Amendment. b. The PPACA is a thinly veiled attempt to institute complete state control of our lives. It has more to do with the progressive/marxist agenda of our current administration and Democratic leaders than a concern for the health of the nation. It must be repealed and replaced with a free market approach that allows healthcare to be treated like any other necessary commodity, e.g., food or housing. This will result in greater availability at lower cost. c. Our nation faces many military threats around the globe. We must preserve and strengthen our defense ability, not weaken it. As one of the few candidates for public office with real experience in the military, I will bring real defense expertise and understanding to Congress as well as support our Veterans at home.
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Only for the preservation of a mother's life.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
GOD The Constitution Congress Voters The Supreme Court
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a born again child of the Living God and a broken disciple of Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus is God and that he has prepared a home for me with his Father. By myself, I am a fallen creature, wracked by selfishness and greed. But with the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, God can use me as his hands and feet. As per the Great Commission, our highest calling is always to witness to God's sovereignty and reflect his Love so as to bring more people into his family!