1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Americans across the country are struggling, and in order to help folks have better lives both now and for future generations, the following three interests are most important to me: 1)Repealing “ObamaCare”: I opposed the President’s bad health care law from the get-go and continue to fight for its full and permanent repeal. It is the most egregious government power grab in recent years, it is a violation of our Constitutional rights, and the American people cannot afford it. 2)A Healthy Economy: In order to boost the economy, we need to balance the budget and reduce massive amounts of waste and fraud in government spending. That is why I co-sponsor a Balanced Budget Amendment and the Lean Government Act. 3)Job Creation: The government doesn’t create jobs, but it makes policy decisions that impact our economy. In order to promote job creation, we must reduce taxes and get rid of unnecessary regulations that hamper job creators.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I believe all life is a gift from God and therefore sacred. I also believe the Constitution – which states that ALL PEOPLES have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness – includes the unborn. That is why I am strongly Pro-Life, oppose abortion, and continue to support the Hyde Amendment as the strongest position that Congress has been able to enact.
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Voters, Constitution, Congress, Supreme Court. N/A: Academia, Industry, Media, Professional Sports
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Christian who believes that the greatest resources available to us are God’s Grace and the power of prayer. My values reflect my faith, our Constitution, and the preservation of freedom and opportunity for all Americans.