1. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure children are properly educated.
2. Any teaching to children on sex education in public schools must include all contraceptive methods, and should not show preference to abstinence.
3. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
4. Biology textbooks which do not teach both the scientific strengths and weaknesses of the theory of evolution should be rejected.
5. It is the government’s responsibility to properly distribute income and wealth.
6. The more people live by Judeo-Christian values, the less government is needed.
7. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
8. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
9. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
10. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
11. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
12. Students should not be taught about intelligent design.
13. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
14. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
15. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I am pro-life
16. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
17. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Christian and have been an active member of Travis Ave Baptist Church for many years. It is true that one of the biggest problems for the education system is that as a nation we have lost our moral compass. For example the large number of out of wedlock births resulting in numerous single parent homes puts greater and greater responsibility and strain on the education system and society in general. I hold to very traditional values.