1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
If one group had been given all the power, with no other means for disagreement, it would have lead to a tyranny. The same type of tyranny our Founder's came to this country to escape.
15. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
National Defense Authorization Act-This takes away our right to a fair trial and the "innocent until proven guilty" aspect of our legal system. Which is a blatant attack on our Constitutional rights. I will not stand idle while such an injustice of legislation is forced upon us. Affordable Care Act-"Obamacare"-This legislation has been a trainwreck from start to finish. From hiding its true nature from our legislators to get it passed, to bold faced lying to the citizens of our country, this was absolutely not the way to go about reforming healthcare. I am for the repeal of the ACA and the opening of interstate commerce to health insurances, along with alternatives such as Direct Primary Care for cost aware health coverage. Gun Control - Our Founders came from a country under the stranglehold of tyranny, they did not want to see America become that. We now have the right to bear arms to defend ourselves, our homes, and our liberties from returning to that state of tyranny ever again
16. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Abortion is a difficult choice for any family to make, however in the cases of medical need, where the life of the mother is in danger, I believe there can be exceptions made.
17. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Constitution Voters Supreme Court Congress
18. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
Having been raised by a conservative, Christian family in the United Methodist faith, I believe I have been blessed to grow up learning God's rules for a fulfilling life. I have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, my Savior. I feel the Bible is an excellent guide on how we as people should treat and respect one another; I also believe it gives us a guide to how our government and society can run harmoniously.