1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. Election of judges by the people for a definite term of office is the best way to select judges.
3. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
4. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
5. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
6. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
10. There should be a strict constitutional spending limit for state and local governments that would tie the rate of spending to the rate of population growth plus the rate of inflation.
11. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
12. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
13. Where minor children are involved, divorce laws should be reformed to include mutual consent of both parents and an increased waiting period, unless there is fault or abuse.
14. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
15. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
16. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
17. Our state should participate in the nationwide Common Core standards for high-school graduation.
18. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The Founding Fathers were very wise to break up the powers of government into three branches. The knew first hand what happens when government oversteps its bounds, and had just fought the Revolutionary War to get away from that. George Washington was offered the opportunity to be king, and he turned it down. He said, "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." One man given that much power will abuse it.
19. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God Constitution Voters And then Congress, the Supreme Court, and President share equal power, and exist to keep each other in check.
20. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
Life begins at conception, and abortion should never be allowed. It is very important that we stand up for the right of every human being both born and unborn. Creating definitions of what is and isn't life is a slippery slope that causes the erosion of our core, fundamental rights.
21. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe in always doing the right thing no matter how unpopular it might be. The laws of God are always higher than the laws of man. If the government asks you to do something that goes against God, it is your duty to stand up and follow God's law. I do not believe in passively sitting by and waiting for the end times to come. God gave us this time on Earth for a reason, and to squander it by letting injustice rule is a crime. We have all been given gifts and abilities, and we must use them to create a better place.