1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. Election of judges by the people for a definite term of office is the best way to select judges.
3. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
4. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
5. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
6. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
7. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
8. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
9. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
10. There should be a strict constitutional spending limit for state and local governments that would tie the rate of spending to the rate of population growth plus the rate of inflation.
11. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
12. Free market competition for education dollars, rather than a government monopoly, would create a better education for all students.
13. Where minor children are involved, divorce laws should be reformed to include mutual consent of both parents and an increased waiting period, unless there is fault or abuse.
14. The Ten Commandments should not be displayed in public school buildings.
15. Religious freedom is our most foundational freedom and deserves added protection in our state and federal constitutions.
16. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
17. Our state should participate in the nationwide Common Core standards for high-school graduation.
18. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
I believe the founding fathers considered the principal base of society to be that of family, with power-in-numbers separated vertically. Power applies when families merge to create community, a strength over the single family. Groups of communities are stronger than one community, followed by county, groups of counties, state, groups of states, then federal level. I also believe Executive, Legislative and Judicial branch separation and limitation allows for balance and prevents dictatorship.
19. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
1) God, 2) Constitution 3) Congress 4) Supreme Court
20. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
I oppose the intentional termination of any human life, born or unborn, except in the nearly non-existent circumstance to save a life. In that circumstance, every effort should be made to preserve the life of both mother and child in the hope of sparing both or at least one, rather than to lose both lives. Section 940.04 of the WI statutes prohibits abortion unless it is necessary to save the life of the mother. This appears to be the only extenuating circumstance and there already is a statute for it, establishing the current WI position on the matter.
21. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a committed Christian. I recognize that governing authorities must oversea a melting pot of nationalities and religious convictions. I will respect those differences but not to the compromise of God’s Word. I do not believe it is the state’s role to convert people to Christianity but to protect its citizens. To the extent it goes beyond that, I will object.