1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
The Founding Fathers had two major things in common they all shared. They all had fled the tyrannical over controlling government of England and they all shared a God loving and God fearing belief in their divine creator. Using their worldly experiences they knew exactly what they didn't want or need for a new nation and using their faith in God they trusted that they were guided and indoctrinated to develop a system of government that was fair all.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
1. National Security - we need to be fully capable of maintaining our national sovereignty. Whether it be protecting our nations borders or protecting our most valued and closest allies, we must ensure that our future is blessed with the same freedoms and protections that we share now. I enjoy our freedoms that our unique to our country and like you I don't want to see them endangered of being taken away. 2. National Financial Stability - although different it shares the same sense and severity of that of our national security. What is happening now in Washington is down right criminal. Soon it will be nearly encapable of reversing the borrowing and printing damage to cover our uncontrollabe spending. Again, like you I don't want to life in a country were my currency is only good for toilet paper. 3. Individual Freedoms - see website, too many to list. www.votefordon.com
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
My stance on Abortion can be described by the following. Do the components of human life exist after conception - Yes. Is a human fetus capable of life, once separated from their motherly womb, after a typical 9 month developmentary period - Yes. Somewhere in this 9 month time frame lies a reasonable level of somewhat satisfactory acceptance - for now. For those that are strictly against all forms of abortion you have Nothing and those that desire abortion have Everything including all rights to abortion and have obtained, through political posturing, the financial support of American taxpayer monies to fund abortion activities. To me, right now, this is the biggest travesty and the battle that needs to be fought! We may never see a solution to such a nationally divisive issue as abortion in our lifetimes, but certainly for me and you to be paying for it with our own tax dollars is grossly Unacceptable.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Voters, Constitution, Congress, Supreme Court, Academia, Industry, Media, Professional Sports.
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I am a Christian of the Roman Catholic faith. I believe in God, our Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ and try to live a Christian life style to the best of my abilities and ask for God's forgiveness when I fall. I do attend weekly mass and pray on a daily basis. I do consider myself a Catholic in good standing and someone that doesn't hide from his beliefs.