1. Free enterprise and the right to private property turn mankind's natural self interest into the fairest and most productive economic system there is, and are the key to national prosperity.
2. It is the government’s responsibility to be sure everyone has health care and a livable income.
3. The United States must maintain a nuclear arsenal that is safe, reliable, modern and numerically superior to those of potential adversaries.
4. Government should enforce laws designed to protect the border and to prevent illegal entry of persons into the country.
5. The Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) should be repealed by Congress.
6. Human life begins at conception and deserves legal protection at every stage until natural death.
7. Marriage is a union of one man and one woman. No government has the authority to alter this definition.
8. Efforts to bring Islamic law (shariah) to America do not pose a threat to our country and its Constitution.
9. Judeo-Christian values established a framework of morality which permitted our system of limited government.
10. Governments should pay to develop wind and solar energy solutions when these are not economically feasible.
11. More restrictive gun control laws are needed now to protect public safety.
12. The founders established pure democracy in the Constitution because they believed that it is the best form of government to ensure the safety and equitable treatment of all citizens.
13. People should be able to vote without photo identification.
14. The federal government should establish nationwide standards (such as Common Core) for high-school graduation.
15. What in the nature of mankind caused America’s Founders to carefully define, separate, and limit powers within the Constitution?
Man has a natural tendency to seek power over others. The adage, "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" is a very true statement. The Founders were most concerned about a President, such as we have today, that ignores the constitution and usurps legislative powers from the Congress. The lust for power by a president is to be checked by the Congress and the Supreme Court. To date, however, they have done nothing to limit this president's power grab. I will fight to impeach.
16. Briefly list three (3) political or legislative issues of most concern to you, and explain why each is important to you.
Obamacare is a Trojan horse on our economy, our healthcare delivery system and our constitution. It will eventually destroy all three. It cannot be reformed. I will fight to repeal it and then pass legislation that will increase personal responsibility through market mechanisms. I would privatize the VA system which would save millions of dollars. This president must be impeached and removed before he destroys our country. He is unfit as a commander-in-chief. He left people to die in Benghazi; he has failed to close our borders. His rules of engagement have put our military at a disadvantage. Our foreign policy has made us vulnerable. We must close our southern borders, NOW. New illegals over the age of 10 must be immediately deported. Children younger than that must be either be deported back to their parents or parental rights must be immediately ended to allow for expedited adoption. No amnesty for anyone who has committed another crime beyond breaking our immigration lawsa
17. Should abortion be allowed under extenuating circumstances? If so, what circumstances?
NO. The life of the mother is a medical/legal fiction except in extremely rare cases. I believe as a society we can and should support life and encourage mothers to at least carry their babies to full term through financial aid during the pregnancy, even if they don't want to keep the child because of incest or rape. Rather than encouraging and paying for abortions, our state and federal governments should be protecting life because a culture of life would foster positive societal and economic benefits that would strengthen our nation's families. I fought against the UW-Madison's medical department's plan to start performing late second trimester abortions because taxpayers and medical personnel were going to be forced to participate in these horrific procedures against their will. The state should have been limiting these procedures and protecting babies that would have felt excruciating pain as they were ripped apart without benefit of anesthesia.
18. Based on the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution, please arrange the following entities, starting with the highest source of authority, and continue the list in descending order of authority, skipping any that do not apply: Academia, Congress, Constitution, God, Industry, Media, Professional Sports, Supreme Court, Voters.
God, Constitution, Voters, Congress, Supreme Court
19. Briefly describe your spiritual beliefs and values.
I believe that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. He has redeemed me, a lost and condemned person. I am saved by grace. My values are informed through the Word of God which is the Bible. I believe in Freedom of thought and the right of conscience because God is the author of liberty. He through Jesus Christ has given us the free will to accept or reject him. Any laws that inhibit our ability to freely express our faith, such as Sharia law, is incompatible with our constitution because it limits ones' 1st Amendment rights by silencing anyone who might even say something like "Jesus Christ is Lord." There is no constitutional right to not be offended. The constitutional right is to not be silenced by those in power who disagree with the message being communicated. That way all expressions of faith and thought will be protected.